Sunday, July 11, 2010

Longevity County

Bama, a county consisting several villages with a population of 250,000 near the Vietnam border in Cina’s Guangxi Autonomous Region, comprises a “longevity cluster”. It has a population of 74 centenarians, including one said to be 113 years old. The reason why people there live longer is the water, air, soil and life-style. The water from the local river comes from springs and is considered so pure that it is drunk without treatment or filtration. It is sweet and fine. And people eat healthy and different meat because local animals drink the local water and eat local plants. People live a relaxing life with less stress by breathing fresh air, eating healthy meat and vegetables, and drinking sweet water. What a beautiful place it is!

1 comment:

  1. This is truely brilliant. What an effort I am so impressed. Not so difficult. Have you shown the other students, Bell could do with help putting pictures on her site. Well done excellent. Is the place you home town? or did you just visit it?

    ReplyDelete

The Different Ways of LIving

The First Day THis is the first time I step out of China. I imagined the beauty, flourishing scene in Australia. After arriveing here, I found something different from what I imagined. Although I know people usully live in suburbs, I don't know all of them live in big houses, which in China are called villas, in which the very rich people live. What impressed me most is that Australians have so strong environmental consciousness that they save water and electricity. They take the shower in four minutes, which makes it impossible for me to finish it within such short time, though I usually take short time to have a shower. My homestay family wash dishes every three or four days in dish washer. But I think dish washer may consume a lot of water, and keeping dirty dishes for several days is not a good idea. And they wash clothes once a week on Saturday. In winter it is Ok, because we don't change clothes every day, but in summer, there is just no way in Guangzhou,because it is so hot outside that you sweat a lot, so we wash almost every day. About diet, it is also quite different. In China, we usually have big lunch, but here they have a light lunch and big dinner. According to Chinese medicine, lunch is very important, we should have enough nutrition, including rice, vergetables, meat, soup and fruit. So a sandwich and an apple or an orange is not enough for us, then I usually go to the fast food restaurant or a the supermarket to get something more to eat. So we have quite different ways of living. As the Chinese proverb says, "A guest must do what his host does", we should adjust ourselves to the Australian way of living.

Labels: Different ways of living

Italian food made by my hostess

Italian food made by my hostess
Yammy dinner