Sunday, July 11, 2010

The Trip to Puffing Billy and Yarra Valley Wineries










The weather is quite changable in Australia. On Saturday it was windy and cloudy, while on Sunday it was clear and sunny. After getting up early on Sunday morning, it was still very dark. I was worried about the weather, because we were going to have a trip to Puffing Billy and Yarra Valley Wineries. When I getting out of the house, I saw a lot of stars shining in the sky. How lovely. On the traveling bus, we enjoyed the beautiful scenery, pastures with cows and sheep on and riding horses on the road. The first stop is the place where we could tea and some cookies, where we could feed birds, gorgeous birds, cockatoo, silly galah and parrots. Then we went to take Puffing Billy with our legs out of the train. It was really fun. we took some picutures for the future memories. Then we had a big, delicious lunch, beef, vegetables, soup, coffee. After lunch we visited two wineries. Although it is not the right time to see the process of making wine, we still knew something about it through the tour guide's expalnation. We enjoyed the relaxing time by tasting some wine. It was fantastic.

3 comments:

  1. Yummi food. Good job. Thanks for sharing this post.


    yarra valley puffing billy tour

    ReplyDelete
  2. Puffing billy and yarra vally trip provide such a effective natural places.I saw a lot of stars shining in the sky on those trip.thanks for post this wondweful topic.

    Yarra-valley-puffing-billy-tour

    ReplyDelete
  3. Puffing billy trip and yarra valley trip as nice place in melbourne.I am so grateful to read this such a wonderful post. Thank you for discussing this great topic.

    yarra valley puffing billy tour Melbourne

    ReplyDelete

The Different Ways of LIving

The First Day THis is the first time I step out of China. I imagined the beauty, flourishing scene in Australia. After arriveing here, I found something different from what I imagined. Although I know people usully live in suburbs, I don't know all of them live in big houses, which in China are called villas, in which the very rich people live. What impressed me most is that Australians have so strong environmental consciousness that they save water and electricity. They take the shower in four minutes, which makes it impossible for me to finish it within such short time, though I usually take short time to have a shower. My homestay family wash dishes every three or four days in dish washer. But I think dish washer may consume a lot of water, and keeping dirty dishes for several days is not a good idea. And they wash clothes once a week on Saturday. In winter it is Ok, because we don't change clothes every day, but in summer, there is just no way in Guangzhou,because it is so hot outside that you sweat a lot, so we wash almost every day. About diet, it is also quite different. In China, we usually have big lunch, but here they have a light lunch and big dinner. According to Chinese medicine, lunch is very important, we should have enough nutrition, including rice, vergetables, meat, soup and fruit. So a sandwich and an apple or an orange is not enough for us, then I usually go to the fast food restaurant or a the supermarket to get something more to eat. So we have quite different ways of living. As the Chinese proverb says, "A guest must do what his host does", we should adjust ourselves to the Australian way of living.

Labels: Different ways of living

Italian food made by my hostess

Italian food made by my hostess
Yammy dinner